HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

Had a 12 hour power outage and now the electronic burner

Customer Question

Had a 12 hour power outage and now the electronic burner ignition does not work. I unpluged the stove for several minutes but that didn't work.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Are you talking about the spark ignition for the top burners?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
When I turn a burner on (when it's working properly) all burners spark then the gas is lights. Now they don't spark and I have to light the burner with a match.

You have a bad spark module, the module was damaged during the outage and you will have to replace that part to get it working.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I found a reset on the inside frame of the oven. Pressed it & all the burners are working as before the outage. Since I resolved the problem myself am I still going to be charged?