Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

Air conditioning is running - but house in s no t cooling

Customer Question

Air conditioning is running - but house in s no t cooling down. Unit is surrounded by tall grass plant and can see the grass moving about - can this s be the problem? Recently bought the home and this is the first week it has been on
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: I can't find the filters. Thermostat has been turned off and on & programmed temps moved up and down.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: My son to n law
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No starting with easy stuff like the tall grass plant
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

While it may improve performance cutting the grass around the condensing unit outside is not likely to solve your problem. Is the air coming out of the vent not cool? What do you have for a furnace or air handler? brand and model please.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Found the filter ... Got it running. Thanks
Have a wonderful day
Expert:  Rick replied 5 months ago.

You're welcome and thanks for using Just Answer