HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have a trane package unit model Ycc060f3m0bf there is a

Customer Question

I have a trane package unit model
Ycc060f3m0bf there is a clog in the system, because running low suction pressure and high subcooling and high superheat
So anyway how can i clean the screen inside the metering device?
The metering device is like a pouch
And it has several small tube distribute to the evaporator.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

Normally this would be a filter drier issue have you changed that?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This is a burnout compressor, and i cleaned it will rx11 and put a new liquid filter drier. I measure across the filter dryer, same temperature

Ok then yes you need to either flush it or yes get to the screen to the evapaorator to clean it that is likely all plugged up.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How to access to the screen ?

You should either be able to unscrew it or unsweat it to access it, but if you change out the drier again does it make any difference ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This metering device has no screw or sweat,
It is a big pouch

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

That is a common issue on that unit, you need a new control board to actually fix it for good. It is part #3 at this link.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is a big pouch and brazed in
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Do i have to replace it ? That metering device shape like a tooth paste, i bet there are beads or a screen inside. It link to 5-6 small diameter copper wires to the evaporator
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Any input?

You would have to unsweat it to get it out.