Steve G., Handyman
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company and home theater advisor.

I bought a Remington 365 mini dehumidifier and I left it

Customer Question

I bought a Remington 365 mini dehumidifier and I left it plugged in. I am on a offshore oil rig and am concerned that it might overheat and burn the house down. The house is on the country and I have no one to call to unplug it. Is it safe. Please answer as soon as possible. It would be very difficult to get off the rig and drive 4 hours to unplug it. Thanks Kevin
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Steve G. replied 3 months ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Is there a reason you believe the humidifier to be dangerous? A modern appliance like that, should be fine to be left plugged in. Think about it, your fridge is plugged in 24/7/365. I am never worried about my fridge.

Unless you believe the unit to be faulty in some way, I don't think you need to be worried. It will only run when it has to.

Please let me know if I can help you further.