Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Tried installing nest. Did not work rewired old unit back in

Customer Question

Tried installing nest. Did not work rewired old unit back in and now nothing works. I took a pic of wire before I started.
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: It won't power up.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Tried. But nest did not work was on tech support for 40 mins. They told me to wire back old unit. I did and it did not power up either
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It a honeywell
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: With a jumper in rc and r
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

Hello, you probably blew the 5 amp automotive type fuse in the printed circuit board when you wired the Nest into place. The printed circuit board is usually mounted on the blower, you access it by removing the blower door.

I will be in for another half hour tonight, if I miss your response, I will pick it up first thing in the morning.