airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I need to replace the furnace filter but cant find the panel

Customer Question

I need to replace the furnace filter but cant find the panel door. I took off the burner door, but there is no filter in there.
JA: Did you check the furnace's filters?
Customer: I'm trying to do just that. Cant find the filter.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 7 months ago.

The bottom door should be where filter is located.

Can you give me complete model from inside furnace in burner compartment so I can provide guidance with this specific unit.Model will be on a label just above burners on right or left inside panel

http://i.imgur.com/U8b0GXT.jpg

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The model is: UGLJ-07EAUER

OK if there is a filter in furnace it will be in this bottom panel,Panel slides up to remove. Often the installer will not put a filter in furnace though and instead put a filter grille in wall or ceiling.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There is an air filter in ceiling in the hallway. Would that be the one?

Most likely.Look like this and see if it looks like this

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That's easy.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My air conditioner is not putting out cold air. The hvac man said to try replacing air filters first. Is that true?

Rheem used to put a washable filter in the bottom of these furnaces.but have recently topped because most installers install the filer grille to make it easy for customer without having to go into furnace.Might want to look just to make sure if there is one in furnace also.

Yes dirty filters will cause poor cooling,If that doesn't help next step will be to have him check the refrigerant charge.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.

To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.