Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician
Experience:  I have been an HVAC/R mechanic/technician for 30+ years.
67988511

Need wiring instructions 47-25089-03 transformer/relay

Customer Question

need wiring instructions for a 47-25089-03 transformer/relay
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Brian HVAC Guy replied 5 months ago.

Hi I'm Brian and I'm here to help!

Is this for a Rheem unit or were you looking for the instruction sheet that should come with that fan center? If you are wiring in the fan center on a Rheem unit, could you please give me the model number of the unit you're working on and I'll be happy to help with that.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it is for a rheem 2.5 ton , i am working in the attic so please hurry
Just need a basic diagram and I will be up and running
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
just got notice that my card was charged and i still got no help or a diagram to follow please help+
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
model number rgua 080c
serial number CN4D103 F3178 8338
fan center model is 47-25089-03
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the instruction sheet that goes with the fAN CENTER WOULD HELP

Very good, thanks. I can't seem to find the generic instruction that goes with the fan center but I'll look up the unit diagram and help you figure it out. Please bear with me for a moment.

Ok, I have the wiring diagram for your furnace. If you don't, let me know and I'll forward it to you here. Or, if you'd rather, I can give you a wire by wire written guide here. Let me know how you'd like to proceed. Also, do you need ALL the connections to the fan center or are you having trouble with only certain ones, i.e. low voltage, fan high voltage connections, etc...

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I WANT ALL OF THEM AND YES SEND IT TO MY EMAIL

Per site rules on the public side of the forum, I don't have access to your email address and the site prefers you don't list it here since it is a public forum. That said, Click Here for a .pdf of your furnace wiring diagram, you can download it if you wish. On the fan relay high voltage connections, Yellow on the fan center is common, Red is normally closed and Black is normally open. The yellow wire goes to the yellow wire that goes to the fan limit terminal 6, Red goes to the black wire that goes to fan limit terminal 4 and Black on the fan center goes to the fan on or cool motor speed directly to the motor at Red, Yellow, Blue or Black depending on which speed you want when fan on or cooling is called for by the thermostat.

Next, I'll line up the low voltage for you. It would help if I knew what color low voltage wires are hooked up at the thermostat and to what terminal there, then what color the two low voltage wires that go outside to your ac unit.

Of course this is all assuming there has been no wiring changes to your furnace from original.

On the low voltage terminals on the fan center:

* C gets two wires connected, one black wire from the gas valve and one of the two low voltage wires that go to your outdoor unit.

* R gets connected to the low voltage wire that connects to R on the thermostat.

* W gets connected to a factory black wire that connects to the high temperature limit switch and another field connecgted wire from the low voltage wire that connects to W on the thermostat.

* G gets connected to the field low voltage wire that connects to G on the thermostat.

* Y gets connected to the field low voltage wire that connects to Y on the thermostat and also the other low voltage wire that goes to the ac unit outside.

You hadn't told me any thermostat wire colors but I will fill them into the above guide if you do.

That should be all the connections. Let me know if you have questions about any part of my instructions.

Thanks,

Brian

Also, if you have a digital thermostat that uses 24 volt common (usually C), you should also connect that to the fan center C terminal.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I need the wrinig instructions for the back side of the relay
back side of the relay

Good afternoon! Ok, the back side of the relay consists of 3 wires, a Yellow which is the common wire to the relay contacts, a Red wire which is the normally closed contact wire and a Black wire which is the normally open contact wire. Those were the first set of instructions I gave above, here they are again as they relate to the three wires on the back of the relay that need hooked up:

On the fan relay high voltage connections, Yellow on the fan center is common, Red is normally closed and Black is normally open. The yellow wire goes to the yellow wire that goes to the fan limit terminal 6, Red goes to the black wire that goes to fan limit terminal 4 and Black on the fan center goes to the fan on or cool motor speed directly to the motor at Red, Yellow, Blue or Black depending on which speed you want when fan on or cooling is called for by the thermostat.

The one thing I noticed I didn't tell you is where to hook the line and neutral black and white wires for the transformer power. The white wire will connect to the incoming neutral where it also connects to the white wire going to the blower motor. The black line wire from the transformer will connect to the Red wire that goes up to terminal 5 on the fan and limit control.

The two low voltage coil wires from the back of the relay should already be hooked up to the front terminals of the fan center at C and G.

Let me know if you need more clarification.

Thanks,

Brian

I did finally find the spec sheet on the fan center. Click Here for a link to view that.

-Brian