Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

Robertshaw 9600 thermostat has stopped working. First, I

Customer Question

robertshaw 9600 thermostat has stopped working. First, I noticed the LO BAT on the screen. After replacing the batteries, the LED display is completely dead - nothing showing. i tried pusing the round black RESET button on the inside. Nothing...
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: I think its thermostat. Same thing happened a couple months ago and I don't recall how I got it working again.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Assuming it's the thermostat, I will do it myself.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I've shared everything...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  D.E. Anderson replied 4 months ago.

Hi, assuming your batteries are good, then you should have a display on the thermostat. IF pressing the reset button and a different set of batteries did not correct it, I would replace the thermostat.