Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician
Experience:  I have been an HVAC/R mechanic/technician for 30+ years.
67988511

I have a 2006 XB13 2TTB3 condenser on my home that I have

Customer Question

I have a 2006 XB13 2TTB3 condenser on my home that I have had everything replaced, compressor, contactor, capacitors, hard start components and I am still having issues with it. When it runs it works perfect, after shut off at temp. it will not restart ? Now after I "hose" down the compressor for cool down it will start and again run great. Any ideas on what the issue could be ?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Brian HVAC Guy replied 7 months ago.

Hi Rick, I'm Brian and I'm here to help!

If the system were slightly low on refrigerant, enough just to raise the superheat high enough so there was not enough vapor rich refrigerant coming back to cool the compressor properly, but not low enough to cause you to notice poor cooling efficiency, your system could exhibit these symptoms. The compressor would run during a cycle at just below the temperature threshold for tripping out on high temperature but when the compressor cycled off at the thermostat, the stored heat in the compressor windings would be enough to trip the internal temperature overload.

A very dirty or corroded condenser coil causing a very high condensing temperature could possibly cause this too as could a compressor with bearings or other components worn to the point of too much mechanical drag. The first statement above would be the far more likely cause though.

Let me know if you have further questions on this subject. Otherwise, please remember to rate before leaving (3 stars or higher please!). Bonuses are always appreciated! Thanks for allowing me to help and thanks for using Just Answer!

Thank you,
Brian