Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I am looking to have a new Heat pump installed and have two

Customer Question

I am looking to have a new Heat pump installed and have two different quotes one for a Comfortmaker and one for a Trane. there is a lot of difference in the system pricing. There is also a option for a CCH948GKA on the Comfortmaker quote. That option brings them closer in price by 15% so the question's are two fold, Comfortmaker vs Trane, is there more than a name difference in performance and life expectancy and second what is the CCH948GKA
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

Hello, both are major US brands, the more expensive comfort maker is similar to the Trane heat pump in that it is more complex electronically.

More complex electronically is a *two edged sword* so to speak, it allows more efficient, quieter operation at the expense of much more frequent and more costly repairs required than the less complex systems.

The next most important part of your choice is the quality and reputation of the contractor doing the work.

Tell me if you want maximum reliability at the expense of slightly higher operating costs, or ..... if you want dead quiet and as efficient as possible... we can go from there.

Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

I also need to know if this is a new home and a new system entirely, air duct work and all... or if this is an upgrade to an existing forced air heating system.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it is a replacement on a 22 year home in Florida. the home is used about 7 months per year with no one there in the Summer months
Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** if ultra quiet operation is more important to you can the price please.

Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

I am going to be at the dentists for a few hours, if I miss your response, please be patient, I will be back shortly and will respond as soon as I can.