Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician
Experience:  I have been an HVAC/R mechanic/technician for 30+ years.

Lenox elite series model#xc14-o36 and lenox signature series

Customer Question

lenox elite series model#xc14-o36 and lenox signature series variable speed air handler model # ***** can it be used with a honeywell focuspro 4000 digital [pogramable thermostat?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Brian HVAC Guy replied 4 months ago.

Hi I'm Brian and I'm here to help!

The Lennox CBX air handlers when matched with the Lennox XC14 condensing unit can indeed be used with standard heat/cool thermostats. Whether or not the Honeywell 4000 series you are looking at can be used depends on which model. One of them is for conventional heat/cool units (TH4110D) and the other is for heat pump systems ONLY (TH4210D). You need the TH4110D for your system since it's not a heat pump.

Let me know if you have further questions on this subject. Otherwise, please remember to rate before leaving (3 stars or higher please!). Bonuses are always appreciated! Thanks for allowing me to help and thanks for using Just Answer!

Thank you,

Further, if you currently have a Lennox Icomfort Touch thermostat, you will need to rewire the low voltage in the air handler and possibly the condenser for standard thermostat usage. You will also need a minimum of four wires between the thermostat and air handler which you should have anyway if the system is using an Icomfort Touch control.