Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Two sided by side split units.....one is cooling great and

Customer Question

two sided by side split units.....one is cooling great and the fan on the condenser is turning fast (180 rpm)....the other unit the fan (again vari-speed) is turning maybe 50 rpm and heat is being extracted but nothing like the other unit....both inside and out side coils are clean or seemingly NOT the issue....both unit independent and identical....410 pressure on the "bad" unit low side is ~50PSI
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: yes....washed out both inside and outside coils
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: seems like the "bad" unit is low on freon.....seemingly the only unresolved variable...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello measure the high and low side pressures on the unit at is working well, the low side pressure should be in 116-120 psig range

Now take the same measurements on the unit that is not working well and tell me what high and low side pressures are

we can go from there.