Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

Gruinaire gm1123hxb split air conditioners in the office 't

Customer Question

gruinaire gm1123hxb split air conditioners in the office don't blow cold air anymore. Do you repair this brand and model?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: I don't know how and I cannot find a operating manual for this model online. Do you know where I could find one?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No, not really. I want a tech to review and repair. But we don't even have an operating manual to see what the matter could be
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The unit blow air now. But stopped blowing cold air. I lower the temperature but does not really cool down
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

Those are made in china with multiple micro computers on board and a few dozen fragile wire connections, selling for most cases for less than many repairs cost in the USA at $125/hr prices.... thats the situation.

Parts availability is spotty.

If you are an old timer HVAC man you can generally figure out how to service them... the customer may not like your bill however, and if you find it needs a new electronics part there will most likely be problems depending who is distributing those in the USA.

Training a new tech on these takes a few days, and cannot be done by remote control.

I know thats not a good situation but that is whats going on with those.