airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I HAVE THIS 2113BNWO18A, THE BLOWER AND THE OUTDOOR FAN ARE

Customer Question

HI, I HAVE THIS BRYANT 2113BNWO18A, THE BLOWER AND THE OUTDOOR FAN ARE WORKING BUT THE COMPRESSOR ITS NOT RUNNING. YESTERDAY I DID CLOSE THE GRILL IN THE BATHROOM BECAUSE THE CEILING ITS TOO LOW AND IT FEELS COLD, SO I DID OPENED AGAIN AND I LEFT, WHEN I CAME BACK HOME IT WAS TO WARM, THIS MORNING I DID REPLACE THE FILTER BECAUSE IT WAS TIME AND IT WAS VERY DIRTY, I DID CHECK EVERYTHING, FUSE IN THE AIR HANDLER, IT WAS NOT FROZEN (ANY OF THE COILS)THANKS
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 5 months ago.

If outdoor fan is working but not the compressor we have either a bad capacitor , a burned compressor wire or a bad compressor.Do you have any meters for testing voltage and capacitance?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
NO

There are a couple of things we can check visually if you want to. One is to see if capacitor is bulging and swollen and the other is to check for burned wires to compressor. Beyond that we will need a meter.

This shows difference in good vs swollen capacitor

http://i.imgur.com/xwlfLe8.png

This shows compressor wires

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the capacitor looks normal but the compressor its very hot
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
wires look normal too

OK we either have a weak capacitor or a problem with the compressor .If it is hot, it has shut down on an internal overload protection built in.You can take the capacitor off and take it to a supply house and they will check it if you cannot obtain a tester.WE can go from there.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
is it any possible way to reset the compressor.

There is no manual rest.It will reset when it cools down.You can run a water hose and water trickle on compressor to speed up the cool down