Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a carrier thermostat p/n 33cs220-fs and the display

Customer Question

i have a carrier thermostat p/n 33cs220-fs and the display is blank after a power outage. the a/c fan seems to be on but not cooling. breakers were reset and this model does not have batteries or on on/off cool/heat switch
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: can't check the settings because the display is blank. don't know about filters as this is at one of my rental properties.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes. this has happened before but I don't remember what I did to get it back
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: confirmed that the filter was just changed yesterday
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 8 months ago.

Hello, the blank display points to a bad thermostat or a blown fuse at the printed circuit control board inside the blower compartment of your furnace or air handler.

You will need a multi meter to check that out... let me know about that and your technical skills so that I can coach you most effectively.