Airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.

I have a Rheem RAKB-024JAZ MFD 3/05, installed 8/05. Was

Customer Question

I have a Rheem RAKB-024JAZ MFD 3/05, installed 8/05. Was told today that the R22 Condessor is shot and I would need to replace it. Can you give me some insight into the lifespan for this part/unit and the ball park cost to replace?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Airheatman replied 4 months ago.

The cost to replace the 2 ton Rheem compressor would run about 1500 including compressor,refrigerant driers and labor. Life expectancy of these unis is 12 to 15 years.

Would be more practical if you are able, to put tis money towards entire system replacement.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.

To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.