airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I have a lennox comfort sense 7000 series that the

Customer Question

Hi, I have a lennox comfort sense 7000 series that the thermostat went out completely
after the air wouldn't come on for several hours.
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: The thermostat is dead completely.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No, I'm on hold for someone to come out, but if there were a fix I could do, that would be great!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The air conditioner stopped coming on, the thermostat said wait. Husband heard a bit of a buzz as the unit tried to come on, then the thermostat died completely. It's hard wired, so not the battery.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 8 months ago.

You most likely have a short somewhere in the low voltage control if you heard a buzz and thermostat went blank.If you have test meters I can guide you in troubleshooting.Otherwise you will have to wait for the tech to arrive with tools to troubleshoot and find the short.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No, I don't have a test meter. Thanks!

I understand.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Thanks for letting me work with you.Leaving a poor service rating will not automatically refund your money,but reflects poorly on your expert. You have to request a refund if not satisfied with the information provided being accurate.