Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

My remote control doesn't work and you 't make that model

Customer Question

My remote control doesn't work and you don't make that model anymore. My repair guy showed me how to turn it on and off with the button on the unit, but the temperature is too high. Is there a way to lower the temperature without the remote?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

Send me a photo of the control button area on the unit and I will show you how to change the temperature

Use the paper clip icon at the right end of the tool bar, or the attach files to the left of your send button to attach the photo

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Here you go.
Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

thanks, ***** ***** wiring diagrams however, I need a photo of the front of the unit where the manual control buttons and knobs are.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There are no manual controls or knobs. If there were, I'd probably not need your help. This photo is of the area under the cover of the unit. It is a split system air conditioning unit and is controlled by a remote that isn't functional. What you can see in the photo is the one and only button that the unit's a power button.
Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

Hello again, I do not think there is anything I can do for you, I will opt out, hopefully someone else here can help, its quite a bit of a long shot though

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Okay, thanks anyway.I'm assuming there will be no charge on my card...?