Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have an infinity system (58MVB100-F variable speed) with a

Customer Question

I have an infinity system (58MVB100-F variable speed) with a heat pump 25HNA648A (2 stages) and a 3 zone configuration. I have a lot of events «161-excess static pressure stagedown» can someone tell me what does this mean ?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 5 months ago.

That system has multiple micro processors on board, it is about the most complex on the market bar none...a techie who likes doing electronics repairs delight.

The best of the Carrier dealers will be hard pressed in most cases to tell you exactly what is wrong and how to fix it, the will generally begin with some rhetoric then start changing parts, starting with the control board for the variable speed blower... that has about a 50% chance of solving the problem, after that or along with it they replace or ideally test the static pressure sensor.

Your question has been waiting for 3 hours because none of the other experts here think the problems are solvable on line.

Depending on your skill sets, and if you choose to rate my work after we have gone for a bit, I can work with you for 2 hours... lacking a rating I could spend hours with you on this....at my own considerable expense.

Let me know if any of this makes any sense to you or not or if you want be to look for a well rated dealer in your area... we can go from there.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What could cause the message ?
Expert:  Phil replied 5 months ago.

If the system still runs normally, then bad printed circuitry in the blower motor control or main control board is sending a bogus error code signal.

If the blower is not behaving normally as it had in the past, prior to the error code then there is a problem with the printed circuit that sends speed control signals to the blower motor, or inside the motor itself..... or.... a defective pressure sensor in the blower discharge / supply air duct plenum.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The system return the revolution and the CFM to the control unit.