Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I am trying to install a smart thermostats. I have Rc, W, Y,

Customer Question

Hello, I am trying to install a smart thermostats. I have Rc, W, Y, and G at the thermostat but R, C, W, and G on the control board.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Photos are attached. To clarify, I am trying to install an Ecobee3 thermostat. I believe I need the PEK installed in the HVAC unit as there is no C wire at the thermostat, but when I go to do that, there is no Y wire on the control board.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.

If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you click FINISHED and RATE ANSWER after you are satisfied with answer.

Are you ready?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

the Y terminal on the board is only a screw to connect 2 wires together, it doesnt have to be there it is probably going to a float switch to a pan underneath your furnace

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if you look at Step 3 here (page 11), you are saying just leave the Y cable input in the "Power Extender Kit Base" empty, and plug the Y from the "Power Extender Kit Cover" (see page 13) into the control board? And then at the thermostat, plug the Y into the Y on the Ecobee?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry. This is the link to the instructions: https://www.ecobee.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/ecobee3_InstallationGuide.pdf
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

will have to continue later.

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

It appears your expert has left you hanging.Do you still need help?