Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My calurex aw 910 keeps frowing the main fuse

Customer Question

my calurex aw 910 keeps frowing the main fuse
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 5 months ago.

Hello

Is this what you have?

If the fuse trips the very instant you turn it on, then its a dead short in the electrical components, (not good). If the fuse trips only on hot days, or occasionally then it is likely that cleaning its radiator (condenser coil) is all that you need to do.

Tell me about that, we can go from there. I am in and out a lot this morning, be patient I will stay with you on this until we get the heat pump issue resolved.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No it trips after 6 min after soft start
Expert:  Phil replied 5 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** side head and suction pressures need to measured, and the compressor amperage needs to be measured to diagnose this.

So far I suspect marginal water flow through the hot water heat exchanger and bad heat transfer due to biological debris built up on the heat exchange surface.

Its going to take a well qualified heat pump pool heater technician with instruments to sort this out for you.

If you can tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city, I will see if I can find a well rated pool heater outfit in your area with that expertise and those test instruments.