Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Goodman gme81155cxac furnace. 2 weeks ago, the

Customer Question

I have a Goodman gme81155cxac furnace. 2 weeks ago, the blower started acting up going from a normal cooling speed to some low value that resulted in icing up of return line. All voltages seemed to check out on the ecm motor.
Suspecting ecm controll module problems I installed a replacement motor from the goodman folks, This motor is not switching from high to low speed without cause as the old one, but it still runs too slow and I get icing. Its easy to tell that it has lower cfm as it does not try to suck you into the compartment like the old motor when it was functioning properly. Did I get a motor that was not properly programmed? Who can check that sort of thing?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 5 months ago.

Hello, the electronics that control the blower speed can be quite complex, tell me a lot about your technical skills background and what instruments you have and I can coach you.

Lacking those skills tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city and I will get you a short list of well rated local service outfits.

We can go from there