Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My Trane XV95 AC system is dual zone and controlled by

Customer Question

My Trane XV95 AC system is dual zone and controlled by Honeywell HZ311 zone control board. Both electronic themostates are set to cool. Only the second zone is working. Zone 1 light is Red, Zone 2 light Green. We have good AC in zone 2 but not zone 1. Could a damper be stuck. Is there a way to reset or check the damper?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 5 months ago.

this will require checking the damper motor for power..or seeing if the damper is stuck...do you have a meter? And do you have spring return or powered?

also as a test you could move all zone 1 wires to zone 3 as a test...this would be thermostat wires and damper wires.

If it still does not work you know it is either thermostat or damper.

you can also (as a test) move the damper wires from 2 to 1 just to see if it is damper related. Of course we mark and put everything back where it should be after testing.