BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics

I have a programmable Honeywell thermostat and have the same

Customer Question

I have a programmable Honeywell thermostat and have the same issue as a question on your website. I'm going to try the solution I'm reading now.
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: Specific to the thermostat. This thermostat has temp up and down and hold and select buttons, but no set or other button that I can see. I just want to change the temperature but not program it to change temps automatically. I've pushed every button . . .
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: What do you mean work? Just changing the temp shouldn't be described as "work."
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Please help me just change the temp on my thermostat.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 4 months ago.

as long as HOLD appears in the window, the thermostat is a regular thermostat. If HOLD is not in the window it is a programmable thermostat.

So all that is needed is to have the HOLD present and manually raise and lower temp.