Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My heater sounds like it is trying to ignite with a loud

Customer Question

My heater sounds like it is trying to ignite with a loud thump but won't light, it has a water leak which I think is causing the problem
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Haywood 1001d about 3 year old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes I have it apart now
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just wondering if I should replace the leaky manifold or buy a new one
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Replacing the manifold would be the less expensive option and is probably a good idea given how new this unit is. But replacing the manifold is more involved than replacing the entire unit. If you feel comfortable taking this unit apart to replace the manifold or if you plan on having a pro do this then a new manifold is probably the way to go assuming the leak is coming from the manifold.

Expert:  Rick replied 5 months ago.

Do you have any more questions?