Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.

Lennox thermostat model 51M35 just started clicking on and

Customer Question

Lennox thermostat model 51M35 just started clicking on and off repeatedly after my wife touched it.
Now I can't get it to stop. I assume it's broken.
Do I need a new one or is there a way to fix/reset the current one I have?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

You can try to remove the batteries or the C wire to the unit for a minute and then put the batteries or the C wire back on the unit and see if that resets it, otherwise it is time for a new thermostat. Often an electro static discharge will do that then the unit is damaged and will need to be changed.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!