Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

It is a new construction Carrier mini-split system, one in

Customer Question

It is a new construction Carrier mini-split system, one in the Br, one in the adjoining living area. I can turn both on, but they do not kick out cool air, the fan just blows room air. After roughly 5 minutes, both shut down and the LED reads E1. This happens to both units at the same time.
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Both are set the 62. It is a newly constructed apt bldg, other than the HVAC techs running them, they have not been run.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I have a call in to the installers, but it is Friday night, the new tenants moved in last evening and of course it is a heat wave w/high humidity. Bad me for not checking the system prior to move in.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Would you know the meaning to E1 on the wall units?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 5 months ago.

The E1 error is a high pressure fault indicating the is an issue with unit operating at too high of pressure.This can be as simple as a valve closed that should have been opened at installation. Does the outdoor fan and compressor see to come on at first?