BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics

The ecm blower motor on my ac system is not running full

Customer Question

The ecm blower motor on my ac system is not running full speed on cool. its a new goodman motor for a goodman furnace
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Took out old motor as it was intermittent on high speed although voltages seemed ok. Put in a new Goodman motor, but it is not running fast enough to warm the coils, i.e. I get icing on the liquid line outside
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
correction: not the liquid but the return line.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 4 months ago.

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
my new x13 blower motor still does not get up to full cooling speed. Is there anybody that can check these things? If it is a defective unit, how do I convince Goodman to exchange it - I know they will not take my word for it. Does the word have to come from a tech?

Here is a guide to assist in some inspections.

However, if you wish to have recourse through mfg you need to have it checked by a service tech. The manufacturer will only handle issues through a contractor.

Hopefully the installing contractor.

See Guide Here