Airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.

We got an Gree inside a/c unit to go with an older outside

Customer Question

Hi Pearl,
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Yes we got an Gree inside a/c unit to go with an older outside unit in our restaurant last year. We had no a/c issues until last week and are now getting an h3 error code when we try to lower the temperature
JA: Have you checked for the code in the manual?
Customer: I'm not sure where the manual is - this is a restaurant and we got the unit 10 months ago
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If there are a few quick fix suggestions you have, then I'd love to otherwise I will call in the original installer
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The unit has been highly effective the last few weeks that we needed it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Airheatman replied 4 months ago.

The H3 error code is a compressor overload protection code. Unit has developed a leak and is low on refrigerant,one of the capillary tubes is blocked or the compressor has failed. If you have gauges to check pressures and a multi mete we can troubleshot.Otherwise you should call in the installer.