HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

PAC130 Air conditioner pump comes on then while sounding

Customer Question

PAC130 Air conditioner pump comes on then while sounding restricted and slowing until it stops. Runs for about a minute then stops cooling. Heater works fine. Big squirrel cage fan does not come in anymore either.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

Well depending on how long the fan has not been running that will cause a major system issue regarding the freon pressures and the unit will trip off on a limit switch. You need to get the fan running again, but the system could have been damaged or have a bad capacitor causing it to slow down and stop. Without the fan running you will have issues for sure.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Knew that. Needed to know what electronic part to replace. Perhaps RoHS-7 CCB61-P no longer jolts the motor back to life because at 70c a fuse inside that solid black box breaks. I need to know what to replace please.