Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

It's 80 degrees in my apartment. What can I do?

Customer Question

Hello. It's 80 degrees in my apartment. What can I do?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. If you are not satisfied, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me why before leaving a negative rating and allow me to continue to work with you until we are able to both agree on an outcome to follow. Thanks for your business!

What kind of cooling system do you have?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 4 months ago.

That's your thermostat. But I need to know about the system that cools your apartment in order to help.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It says fhp energy systems
Expert:  Tim H. replied 4 months ago.

Can you contact the management and see if they can tell you more about what type of system you have? Nothing you've given me so far has helped me identify how your apartment is cooled.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Where can I find this information on the unit?
Expert:  Tim H. replied 4 months ago.

I'm not sure. Depends on how the apartment is cooled. Is it cooled with a furnace and central AC unit? Or a through the wall unit? Or possibly an air handler with a coil? See what I mean? There are many ways that units will be cooled. I need to know more about how your apartment is cooled before I can tell you what you could do.