Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

My air conditioner was running and cooling fine 2 days ago.

Customer Question

my air conditioner was running and cooling fine 2 days ago. We noticed water leaking out of the overflow above the furnace. I cleaned out the openings and now the Air Conditioner will not start up when the stat calls for cooling. Only the furnace fan turns on? Where should I start?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Yes, the settings on the thermostat are correct, it is calling for cooling. Which filters are you talking about, the forced air filter?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I'm not sure, I was hoping it was something rather simple like a reset or starting capacitor.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have the Lennox HS-29-036-2P unit. Is was running fine until it overflowed inside the house.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Airheatman replied 4 months ago.

1. Since you indicate there has been a after problem.Lets start by looking at the condensate drain for a float switch that may be killing signal to outdoor unit.If you have one(usually a TEE) in pvc pipe ) it will have 2 wires going to it.Lift it out of the tee and see if outdoor will come on.