Airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.

April 1, 2016 I purchased a Model 14ACSX042-230A16 Merit

Customer Question

April 1, 2016 I purchased a Model 14ACSX042-230A16 Merit furnace along with the outside AC unit. I can't find the information anywhere about what size filter to buy for the replacement when necessary. Also I was told by my salesman that the filter only needs to be replaced only every 6 months. My unit is in the attic and because of the heat this summer I can't climb the land and stay in the hot attic long enough to just check the size. Please tell me the size filter to use and how often under normal conditions it will need to be replaced. Thank you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Airheatman replied 4 months ago.

1. If installer did not put a filter grille in ceiling or wall rather than in the furnace, the only way to be sure of size is to get someone to crawl up there and get size or get model on furnace.No way to tell by the outdoor unit model.(Unit provided is for outdoor unit)

2.If you can not get to filter to get size, you will not be able to get to it to replace it.

Expert:  Brian HVAC Guy replied 4 months ago.

Sorry about the errant post, it was meant for another customer. I have edited the original post. -Brian

Please disregard post by Brian.He mistakenly posted on the question . Being that the outdoor unit is a 3.5 ton unit, you most likely have a 90,000 btu Lennox furnace . But again without knowing for sure, we are doing an educated guess based on size of the ac unit.

If so your filter size will be 16 x 25.

If you can have someone get me the furnace model I can tell you for sure.