Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I installed RTH6350D a few months ago during the heating

Customer Question

I installed RTH6350D a few months ago during the heating season and it worked great. Now during the cooling im having problems fan runs low when I have it on auto and it never reaches set temp
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: filters are good, and what do you mean by settings
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.

You say "fan runs low" and it never reaches setpoint. But this might be nothing to do with the thermostat. Have you checked furnace filter? When was the last time outside unit charge was checked?

Expert:  Tim H. replied 5 months ago.

Did you have additional questions on this?