D.E. Anderson
D.E. Anderson, Industrial Refrigeration Service Manager
Experience:  15 years experience. Design, install, service of residential & commercial hvac/r equip.
76443755

Where is the reset button on a ruud upmarket 035-jaz heat

Customer Question

Where is the reset button on a ruud upmarket 035-jaz heat pump
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Replaced filters. Outside unit
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I already cleaned outside coils. They were really blocked off so I'm sure it was shutting down on high pressure ( off 5 minutes then run 30 seconds) also replaced run cap because it tested low on herm side. Is there a big red button to reset now that I have cleaned the coils
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No. It is of course A Copeland compressor bout I don't see a reset button anywhere
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  D.E. Anderson replied 5 months ago.

Hi, usually it is at the bottom of the condenser on the exterior by the rear where the lineset comes in. But I will double check for your model. If it is cycling on and off then its either a auto reset switch or it is not the high pressure switch. You can also follow the discharge line coming from the compressor and find the switch mounted somewhere there or a copper tube running from the discharge line to the switch. Give me just a moment please to research your specific model.

Is this an RPKA? Thanks

If its an RPKA then its at the back to the left of the suction line on the exterior.

Do you have any other questions? If so, please feel free to ask.