Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

The power was off in my home due to weather I have 2 T8000

Customer Question

The power was off in my home due to weather
I have 2 T8000 series Programmable thermostats.
At the time of the storm, one thermostat was in the ‘cool’ on position and the other was in the off position.
The thermostat that was in the on position didn’t have the working display (digital ghost readout), so I followed troubleshoot directions and it is now functioning properly
The thermostat that was in the ‘off’ position has a blank readout. I followed troubleshoot directions and it is not functioning.
I checked the breaker box and there doesn’t appear to be a tripped switch
Of note…when I moved the switch for the fan from auto to cont, the fan worked correct and continuous.
Looking for suggestions/recommendations
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. If you are not satisfied, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me why before leaving a negative rating and allow me to continue to work with you until we are able to both agree on an outcome to follow. Thanks for your business!

Not sure what type of furnace you have, but most have a 3 or 5 amp fuse on the furnace control board. I recommend you check that.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 10 months ago.

Did you have additional questions on this?