Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

The fan was making a loud noise, like a squealing sound. So

Customer Question

The fan was making a loud noise, like a squealing sound. So I turned it off last night. Turned on this morning and would not start. Then opened unit, cleaned it out, and put back together. Could not see any obvious issues. Then restarted and could hear it turn on but the fan was not turning, I hit the top where the fan was and it slowly started then went fast, but still making a slight noise. Can you tell me what part might be bad so I know where to start or what to do.
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: T
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Thanks,
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Misty
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: Yes single mom and I can not afford to pay extra for repair fees. I just do not have the extra money right now.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

What is the brand and model number of your unit?