BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I have to reboot the furnace every hour as the red emergency

Customer Question

I have to reboot the furnace every hour as the red emergency light comes on the thermostat and we no longer get cool air from the registers. The furnace automatically shifts to high if the thermostat is set for a 2 degree temperature change, the fault light comes on and it doesn't cool the air. Once I reboot, the red light stays off for a time and cools once again.
The furnace was installed in 1998. During the last few years, the motherboard has been replaced. New baffles and motors were replaced last week.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 5 months ago.

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying