Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

The AC compressor stopped running. There is no 230v to the

Customer Question

The AC compressor stopped running. There is no 230v to the relay.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: There is 24v to the relay from the thermostat. I don't measure 230v to the relay. The unit is a weathering HVAC, AC and gas furnace.
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: The unit is probably low in freon.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  D.E. Anderson replied 5 months ago.

Hi, how are you? May I get the model and serial number of your equipment? Also, you say you have no 230v on the relay, are you referring to the contactor?