Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.

I am trying to connect my Hayward Heater to a Pentair

Customer Question

I am trying to connect my Hayward Heater to a Pentair EasyTouch control panel. My previous control panel had connectors for the Pool, Spa, and Comm wires. The new control panel only has a connector for two wires from the heater and they are not labeled. I am pretty sure All I need to be able to do is to tell the unit to fire or shut down. I just do not know what wiring to change.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Those should just be the two wires to the heater, do you have the two wires from the heater?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The heater is a Hayward H400FD. In the manual on page 30 of the manual it explains remote control connection, 2-wire and 3-wire. Since my Pentair controller now only has 2-wire I am figured I needed to use those directions. It is unclear when it says us the terminal adjacent to the ORANGE and WHITE wires. On one side there is no choice. I picked that terminal. ON the other side I cannot tell if I need to pull the SPA wire and run the second wire from that terminal or just use the open terminal. I have run two wires from the heater to the control unit. using the available terminals ans that has not worked.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
sorry about typos...

You would just use the WHITE and ORANGE to the two terminals to turn the pool heater on.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I tried that - did not work - that is what is frustrating. That was the first thing I did. Seems pretty straightforward.

Are the two connections 24 volt connections on the Pentair?

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the service thanks.