HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have central air attached to my williamson temp o matic,

Customer Question

I have central air attached to my williamson temp o matic, the blower is not switching on with the air conditioner
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: replaced the filter, called the nest thermostat people, they said I must have to fans in my system one for the heat and one for the cold air, when I turn on the heat the fan works but not with the cold, as far as I know my system on has one fan
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yep but not opposed to having someone look at it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: just replaced the thermostat as well and same issue
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

If the blower is not switching on when set to cool see if the fan comes on when you set it to FAN ON, if it does and it works with heat this would be a board issue in the furnace or airhandler. So if the outside unit is coming on and the inside fan works for heat and FAN ON then I would say you have a bad board in the furnace or airhandler that needs to be replaced.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No it does not come on with fan on mode
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
But it does come on with heat

Can you get to the board in the furnace or airhandler?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ya I think so
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Where the wires connect into the furnace you mean

OK get to the board...get a paperclip and make sure the panel switch is depressed....then jumper R to G thermostat connection on the board, does the fan try and run or hum?

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the service thanks.