Gaztech, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Gaztech

Looking to isolate problem with my blower motor on my

Customer Question

Looking to isolate problem with my blower motor on my air-flo AF90MPE075U3b furnace. Issue began when we were still heating the house. Heat would not kick on but flame present. Put larger 20 amp fuse in and heat worked but no blow motor engagement.
Went to turn on A/C yesterday and everything fired up just fine. Turned off furnace to swap HEPA filter with fiberglass for better air flow, went to fire it back up and nothing. I could hear the furnace trying to engage but nothing. Let it sit overnight and tried this morning. Compressor outside actually fired up and ran but no blower motor engagement.
Are there any common problems with this model that would lead me in the right direction?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.

If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you click FINISHED and RATE ANSWER after you are satisfied with answer.

Are you ready?

Expert:  Gaztech replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for the detailed info, it sound like you have either just a bad capacitor, that is a part that is usually attached to the blower casing and looks like a aluminium color battery. If you help blower to turn with your hand and it want to spin by itself but not as fast, that is your problem. So shut power off to furnace and remove capacitor, info on it will say like 5mf or 7.5mf or 10mf. 370v. you need to get one like it with the same specs. cost about $10 at Any dealer, plug it in and hope for the best. if still don't work, replace motor.