Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.

I have a trane 20XLi HP with an AM7A0A2 air handler. There

Customer Question

I have a trane 20XLi HP with an AM7A0A2 air handler. There are no fault codes on either unit. It's 85F outside. I have the thermostat set at 72F and its actually 81F. I pressed the Charge assist button and it flashes down to charged. I see the Y1 and Y2 LED solid lit green. The LO contractor is pulled in and that compressor is running and the HI contractor is not pulled in. I pushed the button on the HI contractor and it started but shut off as soon as I released it.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

You have lost the 24 volt to the contactor can you check for a broken wire or a bad condenser board. It was really common for the board in the condensers on those units to go bad. Super common.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the service thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Where are the external resets on the outside unit?
Expert:  Tim H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.

What kind of thermostat do you have? Is it a 2 stage thermostat?

Expert:  Tim H. replied 4 months ago.

Did you have additional questions on this?