Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

We have aa thermostat looks like model TH3110D1016.

Customer Question

We have aa thermostat looks like model TH3110D1016. Temperature ia set at 72 deg. Temperture is indicated at 82 degr. but the house feels cool and in the 72 deg range. We replaced the batteries. But with the unreasonable temperature indicated the system will not shut off.How can I re-calibrate tyhe temp indicator to read the actual room's temp.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  D.E. Anderson replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I can tell you the instructions to offset the thermostat. If you pull it off its base plate you can look at the back and it should have a model number. But I am also gonna let you know now, that you can not offset it ten degrees. I think 3 or 5 is the most dependent on the model.

While it is off the wall you should put your hand up on the wall where the hole in the wall is for the thermostat wire and see if it feels like excessive heat is coming through the hole too. The temp sensor tends to be on the back side of the circuit board so sometimes heat coming through the wall will cause it to read higher than actual room temp

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Not helpful. Please cancel call

I wanted you to get me the model number of the thermostat so I could instruct you how to offset the temp display so your AC will cut off. It is different with different models, that is why I requested you to pull the thermostat off the wall and get the model number

If you'd like to proceed we can. If you would like to cancel the call I will contact a moderator for you to have it canceled.