Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician
Experience:  I have been an HVAC/R mechanic/technician for 30+ years.

My unit turns on the fan unit turns on the condenser outside

Customer Question

My unit turns on the fan for the unit turns on the condenser outside fan is on green lights are on everything turns on but I do not get cold air
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: My Rheem Classic super quiet 80 AC unit will not cool off
JA: Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: Am I low on Freon is my compressor not working is there a limit switch somewhere how do I know if I have no refrigerator in my lines
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Why will you not accept my email address I done sent my card paid $5***@******.***
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Brian HVAC Guy replied 4 months ago.

Hi I'm Brian and I'm here to help!

This time of year when you're first using your ac, this is a common problem. Many times it is a failed compressor run capacitor and other times it could be a the system leaked refrigerant while in the off season due to a leak that developed. If you turn power off to the outdoor unit and do a visual inspection, you may see that the compressor run capacitor is deformed or bulging. It looks like a very small galvanized metal can with wiring terminals on top. If the top or sides are bulging at all, it has failed. It can also have failed without any visual signs. These are really cheap online to source and replace. I would try that first. Checking the refrigerant charge is best left to us pro's! You can also look for burned wiring as this will cause your issue too.