Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I have an e23 reading on my nest thermostst : not sure it is

Customer Question

I have an e23 reading on my nest thermostst
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: not sure it is getting warmer in the house. it was working fine earlier
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I hope so
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.

Is your Nest thermostat hooked up with a C or common wire?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The problem was not in my thermostat. My air conditioner is working now. This service was no use to me.