Sean, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner HVAC company
64612473

Have a programmable totaline thermostat.. Tried to switch it

Customer Question

Have a programmable totaline thermostat.. Tried to switch it out because the keypad was stuck. The new one I bought didn't work so we reinstalled the old one and now it is not working. The screen is blank. We left it installed and connected but not working until I can get someone out there to look at it. Is it ok to leave it connected if it is not working? Or should I disconnect the wires until someone looks at it
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Sean replied 8 months ago.
Good afternoon I'm one of the experts here on justanswers. Let me look over your question and I'll be right with you. After your question has been answered please remember to write me also so I can be compensated for my time spent helping you
Expert:  Sean replied 8 months ago.
Did you.by chance when changing thermostat.turn power off at furnace ?