Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a trane XL191. its a 2004. does not blow cold air

Customer Question

i have a trane XL191. its a 2004. does not blow cold air until thermostat is 10 degrees lower than indoor temp. now it does not do that anymore. it just blow air
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I've cleaned the filters. cleaned the A coils the best I could with a vacuum. There was some lint like debris on the A coils but not much. The A/C unit is on the roof, easy access. The air handler is in hallway closet.
JA: Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: The larger line, wrapped, running from A/C unit to air handler is not cold or hot. the smaller line, not wrapped, is very warm, or hot. when I turned the system off I went on roof and the fan was still running and the larger wrapped line started getting cold.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.

If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you click FINISHED and RATE ANSWER after you are satisfied with answer.

Are you ready?