Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.

Dear Tech--I live in Honolulu, Hawaii. I am within 1000 feet

Customer Question

Dear Tech--I live in Honolulu, Hawaii. I am within 1000 feet of the ocean. I have a York 4-ton central a/c unit on my roof. The unit is 6 something years old and is currently out of service due to a leak (the third) and a broken fan motor. The salt air corrosion on the unit is bad. This is my 2nd York unit and my last. The units need to be removed and placed on the roof by crane which stands in the street. The whole process takes about one half an hour and then the crane leaves.
Additionally the roof directly under the unit needs to be repaired ASAP. I re-roofed the house last year, but not under the a/c unit. Waiting until a leak comes down into my living room will cost a fortune to repair as the ceilings are about 20'.
I am a believer in the truism that you get what you pay for and I do not want to have this problem for another 10 years. I am looking for a premium Lennox unit.
My roofer is coming Friday and the plan is to completely disassemble the York, move it to the side by man power and perform the roof repair. When the roof repair is completed remove the York and replace with a totally new unit.
I need a Lennox dealer who will work with me on this. HELP!!!
Thanks very much. Craig
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

You need to call this number and they should be able to help since you are in Honolulu

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!