Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I have Mertik Maxitrol GV34 - B4AON5G System and the valve

Customer Question

I have Mertik Maxitrol GV34 - B4AON5G System and the valve is not opening and closing properly some times. Do you have a replacement valve or kit to replace this?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Some times the valve opens when asked, but will not close. Sometimes it works properly. I have changed the batteries.
JA: Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: That is it. Do you have a replacement to recommend?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.

If you are looking for a replacement valve, found one here. Does this look like your valve?